Saturday, November 19, 2011

Welcome to Zoë's Garden.

It has been a big year for our family. In January we welcomed our daughter into our home, lives and hearts...and with that addition, our whole world has been turned upside down.....in the best ways!!!  As a first time mom to a baby, I could be accused of being a little bit neurotic and protective but only with the best intentions.  I started to read EVERYTHING that I could get my hands on about feeding my daughter only the best!  As I had decided to strictly breastfeed, I also realized that if I was going to avoid feeding my daughter certain things, I would need to avoid those foods as well. Now, not only am I avoiding them to keep the "junk" out of my milk....but one day, sooner than I can probably imagine, I will be setting an example for Zoë and I can't very well tell her to eat healthy food as I shovel Cheetos and Hershey bars into my mouth. 


My daughter is my inspiration to be a better person from the inside out.  She has given me the strength to walk past the junk in the grocery store and stop putting that extra chocolate bar in the basket at the last minute before checkout.  She makes me want to take better care of myself, so that I can maximize the amount of time that I have with her.  I hope this blog will help others to inspire them to be more careful about the food that they put into their body....because let's face it...we only get one body, we should take better care of it. 


The purpose of this blog is to share, through trial and certainly error...as our family adapts to a new diet and attempts to eliminate things like high fructose corn syrup, genetically modified organisms, gluten and dairy from our food.  We are trying to eat more fresh food and cut back on the packaged and processed items.  We also strive to use as many organic items as possible. I hope to share recipes, ideas, gardening tips and many more things as we adapt and change our lives to be as healthy as we can!


On that note....here goes my first post and the launch of Zoë's Garden.  I hope you enjoy the journey...and please feel free to give me tons of input!  I welcome new ideas and can't wait to hear from everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment